Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blue Halo 5-6wt Fiberglass Custom Fly Rod


I started a second Blue Halo fiberglass build this week, so decided to post a little teaser.  These blanks come in 3 sections with spigot ferrules in a versatile 5/6wt with a powerful butt section.  As a result, these blanks are a bit faster than you might expect.  I am really excited about the unusual color of this "blueberry" E-glass blank as it should really stand out from the crowd. 

I'll be using all black hardware including a custom Lemke aluminum uplocking seat, blued nickel Struble winding check, black Mildrum style stripping guide, and black Snake guides and tip-top.  The wraps are light blue silk tipped in black, so the blue will go transparent against the blank.  I am using a very durable, gin clear, non-yellowing, low build one-part urethane product on the wraps for this rod.  So far, I am very pleased with the look and the silk seems to agree.

More pictures soon.

1 comment: