Saturday, September 29, 2012

Blue Halo Fiberglass Fly Rod Build - Complete







Well, my first fiberglass rod build turned out even better than I expected.  I picked up the blank and reel seat (Joel Lemke) from Shane Gray about a month ago and just loved the color of this Blue Halo blank when it arrived.  I decided to give this rod some eye popping color so I went with scarlet/red silk tipped in light java for a slight contrast and bright chrome hardware to match the all nickel uplocking seat. The blank and wraps finished with the varnish have an amazing translucence in the light that is difficult to capture in the photos.  I'll be picking up a Landmark aluminum rod tube and sock this week to protect this rod.  More importantly, I hope to hit the water very soon!

Rod Specifications:
- 8ft 5/6wt 3pc Blue Halo E-glass blank in "mango" with white spigot ferrules
- Custom ball fighting butt - Shane Gray
- Lemke Concepts All Nickel Silver uplocking reel seat
- Flor grade full wells cork grip - Custom Fly Rod Crafters
- Solid chrome mildrum style stripping guide
- Bright chrome genuine Snake universal guides and tip-top
- Scarlet/ red silk guide wraps with java tipping throughout
- REC rod sock
- Landmark rod tube

1 comment:

  1. How did you match the full wells cork grip with the reel seat? What was the inlet recess?

    ReplyDelete