Thursday, August 23, 2012

Build #2 Complete - IM8 6wt Olde Fly Shop Blank






Along with learning the challenges of building my own custom fly rods, I'm also learning that photographing them can be a bit tricky.  Practice, practice, practice.   As the title of the post implies, this is my second build attempt and I can tell the lessons from my first build paid decent dividends on the second.  Keep in mind, I'm not buying the "best" components at this point.  I just feel it would be a bit like buying a child learning to play the guitar a Taylor.  I'm just not prepared to make that investment knowing I am not ready to do it justice.  Anyhow, I plan to use this rod for larger species (largemouth) warm-water as well as a bit of light saltwater action (speckled trout).

Rod Specifications:
- Olde Fly Shop Series IM8 6wt blank (fast action)
- 9ft 4pc configuration
- REC fighting butt
- YFLY aluminum reel seat
- Full wells cork grip
- Fuji Alconite stripping guides
- Bright chrome genuine Snake guides and tip-top
- Baby blue silk guide wraps with black silk ferrule wraps
- REC rod sock
- H&H Rod Tube
 

No comments:

Post a Comment